Content Type: Gaming Guides
One of the main ways you’ll make your character stronger in Hogwarts Legacy is by choosing Talents. However, it isn’t immediately clear how to unlock Talents when first playing the game. In this guide, we’ll explain exactly how you can unlock Talents — and start making your witch or wizard more powerful!
Unlike most games, Talents in Hogwarts Legacy won’t unlock just because you’ve reached a certain level. Instead, you need to reach a specific spot in the Golden Path (Main Story) to unlock Talents: Completing the quest “Jackdaw’s Rest” will grant you access to the Talent Tree. This requires completing a number of prior missions.
All told, to unlock talents, you’ll have to complete the following quests:
- The Path to Hogwarts
- Welcome to Hogwarts
- Charms Class
- Defence Against the Dark Arts Class
- Weasley After Class
- Professor Ronen’s Assignment
- Welcome to Hogsmeade
- The Locket’s Secret
- Professor Hecat’s Assignment 1
- Crossed Wands: Round 1
- Crossed Wands: Round 2
- Spell Combination Practice 1
- Secrets of the Restricted Section
- Tomes and Tribulations
- Herbology Class
- Potions Class
- The Girl from Uagadou
- Trials of Merlin
- Ollivander’s Heirloom / The Hunt for the Missing Pages / Prisoner of Love / Scrope’s Last Hope
- Professor Hecat’s Assignment 2
- Jackdaw’s Rest
Once you’ve completed all the above quests in order, you’ll have unlocked Talents.
There are 5 categories of talent, all offering different types of benefits:
- Core – Talents that affect Essential Spells and general combat skills
- Dark Arts – Talents modify spells to make them Curses, strengthen Dark Arts spells
- Spells – Talents that strengthen Spells.
- Stealth – Talents in this tree make your character better at sneaking via Disillusionment, strenghten the Petrificus Totalus spell
- Room of Requirement – Talents that strengthen your Potions and Plants
By choosing the right talents, you’ll be able to create a powerful Build that will allow you to take on even the most dangerous Dark Wizards and Magical Beasts! We have a nifty Talent Calculator to help you in that endeavor.
Have any questions about Talents, or how they unlock? Let us know in the comments!
If if the level cap is 40 and there are 48 different talents then how do you unlock all of them?
You can’t; you only get 36 points to spread across those 48, leaving you with 12 talents unpurchased.