Content Type: Gaming Guides
Crossed Wands side quests are a part of Professor Hecat’s first set of Assignments: we will cover Round I in this guide, where you will be introduced to Lucan Brattleby’s tournament and have your first duel. Note that you will only need to complete Round I, Round II, and use the Training Dummy to progress the Main Story and unlock Incendio.
- Quest Type: Side Quest
- Location: Clock Tower, South Wing, Hogwarts Castle (map)
- Start Professor Hecat’s Assignment I
- 180 XP
- Training Dummy
Talk to Lucan Brattleby in the Clock Tower
To start this quest, you will want to make your way to the Clock Tower and talk to Lucan. You can find him sitting in the corner watching other students go about their day. To initiate the dialogue, you will have to press / button.
Lucan will explain to you that the Crossed Wands is a Dueling Club that hosts a tournament between fellow students for both practice and entertainment. He mentions that he wants to host a tournament to settle the dispute of who is the greatest duelist in all of Hogwarts. Here Lucan will match you with fellow students, and the winner will be the one who keeps his ground until the very last moment.
Agree to Join the Crossed Wands Dueling Club and Start the First Round
- You will have Sebastian on your team for the first Round. Note that you will have more options come Round II.
Lucan will start you off with a quick tutorial on how the fights should proceed.
- You will quickly learn that you will be able to break Yellow Shields by using Control Spells such as Levioso against your opponents.
- This round also serves as a tutorial for “Target Swapping”, teaching you that you can use the button to track your enemies without aiming and your stick to cycle through your targets.
The first round is the easiest round, granting you quite a powerful teammate and pitting you against two opponent students who will match your current level.
- You will find that with a combination of Basic Wand Attacks and Levioso, your opponents will be defeated very quickly. Having Sebastian as a dueling partner will certainly speed up the process.
- Even though the tutorial doesn’t mention this, you can also use Stupefy to break a Shield.
Talk to Lucan Brattleby to Complete the Round
Once you manage to defeat both students, Lucan Brattleby will approach you and congratulate you on your victory.
He will mention that you are now officially a part of the Crossed Wands Dueling Club and offer you a membership benefit — practicing against a Dummy Target whenever you desire. Handy for testing out your new spells in the future, but it’s also a part of Professor Hecat’s Assignment, so do remember to try it out.