Content Type: Gaming News
Date: April 27, 2023
Gotham Knights released “The Kelvin Incident” today, a massive update that adds plenty of new content, bug fixes, fresh cosmetics, and accessibility options to the game. The free update was announced on Twitter, Discord, and the game’s Steam page, and is the biggest addition of new content since the Heroic Assault game mode was introduced all the way back in November 2022.
Heroic Assault: The Kelvin Incident is here. #GothamKnights has gotten a massive update and it’s live across ALL platforms – new levels, new rewards, and more are here! https://t.co/qsAffiL8L4 pic.twitter.com/Gxnsesz7hf— Gotham Knights (@GothamKnights) April 27, 2023
The largest addition with this update is the titular “Kelvin Incident” itself, a 15-floor “raid” only available in New Game Plus or after unlocking the late-game “raid area” (which can only be done after completing all the villain side cases in the game). This raid is the only place that you will be able to get “Mythic” gear, which is a tier stronger than Legendary gear, which used to be the best in the game. This Mythic gear will require a new crafting material that only drops from enemies in the raid, incentivizing replays of it.
In addition, the update also introduces several new cosmetics, some new enemy types, controller remapping, and text-to-speech for all versions of the game. For PC Players, this update also comes with a slew of performance improvements and bug fixes, with early reports indicating that the game might finally be considered stable and well-optimized for the platform.
- The Kelvin Incident is now available! This is a new 15 floor raid available in new game plus or after unlocking the raid area and defeating all the side villain missions.
- Mythic gear.
- This is a new tier of stronger gear which only drops in the raid.
- New material will drop from raid as well.
- A new suit transmog can be unlocked
- 4 new batcycle transmogs can be unlocked
- New stronger enemies
- Mythic gear.
- Controller Remapping
- Controller remapping implemented
- Gameplay Controls can be remapped
- Buttons that need to be held down can be changed to a toggle
- The game supports your device’s built-in screen reader for all text and certain menus
- Improved screen reader support in areas where it existed previously
- Text-to-Speech is available in English only
PC Patch Only
- Implementing support for the Steam Deck keyboard and dynamic cloud saves
- Fixes to draw distance and shadow casting when using higher FOV values
- Texture streaming fix for objects in the Heroic Assault levels
- The XeSS has been upgraded to version 1.1
- Red Hood Mystical Leap should now behave properly while playing at higher FPS
- Fixes for some rare refresh rate problems
- Fix for kicking user in STEAM-EPIC crossplay matches
Stability & Optimization
- Crash fix for a rare scenario when the PS5 controller is set as a default audio device
- Fix for crash while using keyboard input for camera roll in Photo Mode
- Several smaller optimizations for the performance of both GPU & CPU
- Fix to the Text Chat behavior when using PageUp/PageDown keys
- Several fixes to the Text To Speech feature in PC-specific menus
- Fix to Activity notifications conflicts with other on-screen actions
- Fix to Photo Mode being improperly displayed while starting a cinematic in co-op
- Analog sticks icons for Nintendo Switch and Direct Input controllers have been updated
All of this is good news for the Knights, and seems to demonstrate an ongoing commitment to the game from the developers even after a slightly rocky launch in October of last year. As for us, we are looking forward to checking out all the new stuff added with the Kelvin Incident; after all, it’s time to once again save rescue Gotham!