Another day, another hotfix (at least that’s what it feels like). Just a couple of days after Hotfix #3, Larian Studios has already brought Hotfix #4 to players. This time, their aims are to address a few game-breaking issues and multiplayer frustrations, as well as… Well… A whole lot of issues related to spoilers that we don’t want to give away in the opening paragraph. This is the smallest of the main Hotfixes so far, with only Hotfix #2.1 being smaller, but it’s changes are pretty important, many of which coming in to prevent soft locks and other breakages.
The most notable non-spoilers changes include fixing two game-breaking bugs that make it so your companions don’t wake up after a long rest, and where saved games will fail to load, respectively. As well, this new Hotfix adds in an approval system for all multiplayer interactions, ensuring no unsavory characters slip into your game. And, perhaps most interestingly of all, one change actually gives players using cheated or modded games access to teleportation of a late-game area, confirming Larian Studio’s official stance on cheating and modding (that is: “go wild, buckoos”).
The rest of the important changes we won’t discuss, as they pertain to spoilers, but you can see them all in the full Hotfix notes here:
Baldur’s Gate 3 Hotfix #4 All Changes
Warning: Spoiler Tags Removed
CRASHES AND BLOCKERS
- Fixed players getting stuck mid-Long-Rest due to companions not waking up.
- Fixed being able to Long Rest in the Astral Prism, potentially causing the portal to disappear.
- Fixed Orin getting pulled from her location in the Temple of Bhaal if the door was opened before killing Gortash in Wyrm’s Crossing.
- Fixed a script issue preventing some players from loading savegames.
- Fixed characters disappearing when disconnecting and reconnecting in split-screen.
- Added a warning for hosts in multiplayer when clients join through drop-in during Character Creation. Hosts must now grant approval before new players join.
- Fixed the visibility of multiplayer servers on GOG.
- Slightly increased Isobel’s HP so she doesn’t die as easily.
- Fixed a bug that would make Gortash join the combat taking place in Wyrm’s Rock’s Audience Hall while he was in his office upstairs.
- Fixed Cruel Sting adding infinite additional Psychic damage to attacks.
FLOW AND SCRIPTING
- Fixed the ‘Enemy of the Absolute’ crime not clearing from player characters, resulting in a soft block when speaking to the Steel Watch.
- Fixed the game thinking the Emperor had died in the Astral Prism when you healed a downed ally.
- Player resources are now correctly restored at the end of Act II.
- Having dead party members no longer prevents you from entering the Astral Prism.
- Fixed a bug preventing you from talking to Ravengard if he gets moved to the camp in a certain case.
- Hostages in the Iron Throne will no longer be stuck if you turn back and return again.
- Players with modded or cheated savegames with characters at Level 13 or above can now travel to the House of Hope.
- Killing Anders will no longer make the other paladins leave the Tollhouse.
As you can see, quite a few spoilers with some interesting names and locations in them. Given how many of us are still barely scratching the surface of the game, we might need to wait and see what they are referring, but we’re glad to see Larian keeping ahead of most players and cleaning things up throughout the game. Now, it’s time to get back to making it there so I can actually see them…