Content Type: Gaming News
Date: March 17, 2022
Elden Ring just received a fairly big (3.3GB on Steam) patch that brings quite a few changes and bug fixes to the game on all platforms. The most notable ones being new quest phases for several NPCs, NPC icons that will appear on the map once you encounter them, a new NPC being added to the game, and a long list of bug fixes and balance changes.
While sorcery users and shield enjoyers will be happy to know that shields and the sorceries that were underpeforming have gotten their effectiveness increased, players that were hoping for significant performance improvements may need to wait longer to see all of their issues being addressed. While the patch notes mention performance improvements and bug fixes, it’s not clear exactly what sort of improvements we should be expecting. From a short time playing the game since the update, we didn’t notice any changes in performance on PC: the stutters that were there before the patch remained, and alt-tabbing still caused the game to freeze in some instances.
Do keep in mind that your experience may vary depending on your machine, and the performance improvements may be more noticeable on other platforms.
Elden Ring Patch Notes Version 1.03
Notice of Update Distribution
We are distributing an update to improve the stability of gameplay and to adjust balance.
We apologize for the inconvenience, but please apply the latest update before you enjoy the game.
- PlayStation 4
- PlayStation 5
- Xbox One
- Xbox Series X|S
Major Changes Included in the Latest Update
Adding additional elements
- Added a function to record an icon and the name of an NPC on the map when you encounter that NPC
- Added NPC Jar-Bairn
- Added new quest phases for the following NPCs: Diallos/ Nepheli Loux/ Kenneth Haight/ Gatekeeper Gostoc
- Added some summonable NPCs in multiple situation
- Increased the number of patterns of objects player can imitate when using Mimic’s Veil
- Added night background music for some open field area
- Fixed a bug that prevented summoned NPCs from taking damage in some boss battles
- Fixed a bug that sometime prevented the player from obtaining item after boss battle.
- Fixed a bug that causes dialogue to be skipped when talking to NPCs and using custom key configurations.
- Fixed a bug that causes the player to freeze when riding.
- Fixed a bug that causes arcane to scale incorrectly for some weapons
- In situation where the player cannot obtain more than 2 talisman pouches, added talisman pouch to Twin Maiden Husks shop line up
- Fixed a bug that prevented the user from warping to sites of grace from the map at the end of the game.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the player from moving to the next area after the battle with the Fire Giant.
- Fixed a bug which causes some weapons to have incorrect scaling after strengthening
- Fixed a bug which causes some weapons to not use stat scaling
- Fixed hang-ups in certain occasions
- Fixed a bug which incorrectly displays multiplayer area boundary when playing online
- Fixed a bug that allows player to activate Erdtree Greatshield’s weapon skill without absorbing an attack using a special combination of item and incantation.
- Fixed a bug which causes Fire’s Deadly Sin incantation to have different effect
- Fixed a bug with the Ash of War, Determination and Royal Knight’s Resolve, where the damage buff will also apply to other weapons without that skill
- Adjusted the visual effect of Unseen Form spell
- Deleted the Ragged armor set from the game which was mistakenly obtainable in previous patch
- Fixed a bug that causes some hostile NPCs to drop Furlcalling Finger Remedy.
- Fixed a bug that causes incorrect sound effect to play in some situations
- Fixed a bug which causes visual animation and hitboxes to not be displayed correctly on some maps
- Fixed bugs which causes incorrect visual and behavior for some enemies
- Fixed a bug that causes incorrect stat parameter for some armor
- Text fixes
- Other performance improvement and bug fixes.
- Increased the drop rate of Smithing Stone for some enemies
- Added Smithing Stone to some early game shop line up.
- Increased shield’s effectiveness
- Increased the damage for all offensive cracked pot items
- Increased the damage for the following items : Spark Aromatic/Poison Spraymist
- Increased the effect duration for the following items : Uplifting Aromatic/ Ironjar Aromatic
- Increased HP healing for Torrent when using the following items : Rowa Raisin/ Sweet Raisin/ Frozen Raisin
- Reduced FP consumption and increased the damage of the following sorceries : Glintstone Cometshard/ Comet/ Night Comet
- Increased the damage of the following sorceries : Gravity Well/ Collapsing Stars/ Crystal Barrage
- Decreased FP consumption of the following sorceries : Star Shower/ Rock Blaster/ Gavel of Haima/ Founding Rain of Stars/ Stars of Ruin/Greatblade Phalanx/Magic Downpour/ Loretta’s Greatbow/ Loretta’s Mastery/ Carian Greatsword/ Carian Piercer/ Shard Spiral
- Raised projectile speed and range of Great Glintstone Shard
- Decreased Ash of War, Hoarfrost Stomp’s damage and increase cast time
- Increased Ash of War, Bloody Slash’s self-inflict damage while slightly lowering the damage and increasing the cast time
- Decreased weapon skill, Sword of Night and Flame’s damage
- Increased FP consumption and lower duration of Ash of War, Barricade Shield
- Changed FP consumption timing of Ash of War, Prelate’s Charge
- Decreased the damage of spirit summoned when using the item Mimic Tear Ash and changed the spirit’s behavior pattern
- Other enemy and weapon balance changes
I just got the Mimic Tear AFTER they patched it so I’m not sure how broken it was before, or what changing the behavior pattern of it actually did, but my clone does some weird stuff sometimes. I watched him constantly spam frenzy incantations for about a minute straight. It was kind of adorable in a “You’re going to get us both killed” kind of way.