Rewards: Smithing-Stone Miner’s Bell Bearing , 3000
Summons Available: Yes
Found at the end of the Raya Lucaria Crystal Tunnel dungeon in Liurnia of the Lakes, while this boss may appear hard, its actually quite fragile.
- Using a weapon that inflicts Strike damage will allow you to deal increased damage to the boss throughout the fight.
- Inflicting enough damage to the boss will break its stance, which will fracture its crystalline exterior. Once fractured, the boss no longer takes reduced damage and becomes highly susceptible to stagger.
This fight is incredibly straightforward, whether your character is melee or ranged combat oriented. The goal here is to inflict enough damage to the boss until you break their stance, which in turn will lead to their crystalline exterior becoming cracked. While you can use any weapon to do so, it’s still recommended to use a weapon that inflicts Strike damage, as it will allow you to hurt the boss even before it becomes vulnerable. However, regardless of what type of weapon you’re using, you should be holding it with both hands to prevent it from bouncing off from the boss.
The boss’s attacks should be fairly easy to dodge, which you can forget about entirely if you use a summon. Using one will allow you to sneak up to its back for a backstab, and follow up with a charged heavy attack as the boss is getting up. While doing so is a sure way to get the boss’s attention, you can simply roll away from the boss afterwards until your summon distracts it again. Rinse and repeat until the boss’s exterior becomes cracked, at which point you can stagger the boss indefinitely until it dies.
While you may feel disheartened by the low amount of damage your spells deal to the boss, don’t be. After dealing a certain amount of damage, you will break the boss’s stance and their crystalline exterior will fracture, which will cause it to take the full damage from your spells. While you can wait for the boss to start spinning around the room to throw a few spells, you can also just use a summon and quickly break the boss’s shell while it’s being distracted. Once the shell is broken, your spells will not only deal the normal amount of damage, they will also stagger the boss, which will allow you to quickly end the fight.
- Spinning Top: The boss spins around before launching itself towards its target.
- Horizontal Strikes: One or several straightforward horizontal strikes.
- Returning Disc Throw: The boss launches a disc in a spinning motion along the ground, before it returns back into their hands.
- Frisbee Throw: The boss throws two smaller discs that fly toward their target in a circular motion.