Elden Ring allows players to create any character they can dream up. From weapons, armor, and the character’s appearance, it’s easy to make just about any fictional hero or villain. With so much variety and gameplay options, players can even roleplay as their favorite anime main character, including Guts from Berserk. In this PvE build guide, we’ll show you how to build Guts and explore the Lands Between.
We suggest basing the Guts build off the Vagabond. However, you can use any other class and adjust the stats accordingly. Although, keep in mind that each class begins with stats that cannot go lower than their starting value.
What This Build is For
Strength is the focus for this build as you’ll be relying heavily on your main weapon of the Greatsword (Colossal). The goal is to maximize damage output by upgrading the weapon and stats. As Guts purely utilizes his strength, speed, and stamina, this build won’t have incantations, so mind and intelligence won’t be important. Equipping Godrick’s Great Rune (Restored) is also beneficial as it raises all stats by 5 when activated. This build will be tailored towards level 150.
Level 150 (Without Great Rune|With Great Rune)
- Strength – 60|65
- Vigor – 60|65
- Endurance – 41|46
- Mind – 16|21
- Dexterity – 16|21
- Intelligence – 9|14
- Faith – 9|14
- Arcane – 7|12
While you’re free to mix and match as you see fit (and as your current inventory allow), the following weapons and armor are our recommendation for this build:
- Greatsword (Colossal)
- This weapon will service this build with its high-strength scaling and the ash of war we’ll be using for this build, Lion’s Claw.
- Throwing Dagger
- The throwing dagger is best used to draw in enemies to bring them into melee range.
- Pulley Crossbow
- Along with the daggers, the crossbow is useful for dealing with enemies who are further away or difficult to reach as the class focused on melee damage.
- Green Turtle Talisman
- Stamina is essential for this build, and this talisman is excellent and helping maintain it.
- Carian Filigreed Crest
- To compensate for our mind stat being lower than usual, equip this talisman. It reduces the FP cost of skills by 25%.
- Radagon’s Soreseal
- Guts is incredibly tough and is able to take quite the punishment. To make the build even stronger, this talisman increase Vigor, Endurance, Strength, and Dexterity by 5, but also increases damage taken by 15%.
To complete the look, rock the following armor pieces:
How to Use the Build
Equip the Heavy Greatsword in the right-handed slot. Be very careful when using the Ash of War, as the wind-up time leaves you open to attacks. To minimize the likelihood of bosses and enemies interrupting your attacks, it’s best to position yourself off-center, to the left or the right of the enemy. Delayed attacks from bosses are also a great opening, giving a chance for you to strike at the right time.
Rotation + Strategy
- Start by keeping your distance from an enemy, no need to rush in. You can use the crossbow and throwing daggers to bring enemies closer to you.
- Attempt to get some light attacks in, and wait for your opponent to make a mistake and open up.
- Use the Lion’s Claw ash of war when the opportunity presents itself, generally right before your opponent misses an attack (but after you’ve already gotten out of the way).
We hope this guide was helpful! Please feel free to comment down below or check out our other guides.