Content Type: Gaming News
Date: December 4, 2020
If you’re preparing to start playing Cyberpunk 2077 the second it becomes available, CD Projekt Red has released the global release timings for PC and console versions of Cyberpunk 2077. The times and dates that pre-loading will become possible on various platforms were also revealed. Naturally, this has prompted some twitter users to once again ask for reassurance that the game will really, for real, come out this time.
Don’t be too jealous, console players, but it looks like you might have to wait a bit longer than PC and Stadia users. The game releases simultaneously for PC and Stadia at 12AM GMT, December 10th, and for those of you who don’t want to do the math or find your time-zone on the map, the global PC and Stadia release timings for Cyberpunk 2077 are:
- Los Angeles: December 9th, 4PM PST
- Mexico City: December 9th, 6PM CST
- New York/Bogota: December 9th, 7PM EST/COT
- Brasilia: December 9th, 9PM BRT
- London: December 10th, 12AM GMT
- Paris/Warsaw: December 10th, 1AM CET
- Cairo/Johhanesburg: December 10th, 2AM EET/SAST
- Moscow/Istanbul: December 10th, 3AM MSK/TRT
- Dubai: December 10th, 4AM GST
- Beijing/Singapore: December 10th, 8AM CST/SGT
- Seoul/Tokyo: December 10th, 9AM KST/JST
- Sydney: December 10th, 11AM AEDT
- Wellington: December 10th, 1PM NZDT
For consoles, Cyberpunk 2077 will instead release at midnight local time, regardless of region. We agree, console players, it feels unfair! Then again, it was next-gen console compatibility that was partially to blame for the most recent delay.
When you can preload the game will vary significantly by platform as well as the application you purchased the game through. Players who bought the game on GoG will be able to preload the game on Monday, December 7th at 12PM CET, while Steam and Epic users can start downloading on the same day, but at 5PM CET.
XBox users should be able to preload Cyberpunk 2077 on Thursday, December 3rd at 5PM CET, with PlayStation users needing to wait until December 8th (presumably also at 5PM CET). For those of us with slower internet connections (or too many people watching Netflix at once on the WiFi), knowing exactly when you can start downloading the game is important information.
Are you going to stay up late, or wake up early, to play Cyberpunk 2077 on release? Let us know in the comments!