Content Type: Gaming News
Date: December 10, 2021
While there have been a number of hotfixes since ICARUS was released on December 3rd, today’s update is the biggest since the game’s launch. It includes three new missions, two new Workshop items, and also includes a number of significant balance changes and fixes to mission objectives (which have been bugged for many players).
The devs also acknowledged the issues many members of the community have been having with graphical performance. They encouraged players to experiment with settings, and they’ve compiled a list of tips to help players that are having problems (we’ve got our own collection of suggestions to improve performance as well). Hopefully, the graphical optimizations included in today’s content update also help players who’ve struggled with getting ICARUS to run in all its glory.
The three new missions include two totally new mission types in the Stockpile and Delivery missions. Here’s what’s been added:
- FIRE WALK: Delivery – Retrieve temperature-sensitive Bio-Weapon
- SOLID METAL: Stockpile – Supply materials for orbital development
- WET WORK: Extermination – Eliminate Apex Predator
Two new Workshop items have also been added:
- MXC Hammer
- MXC Campfire
It’s also worth noting that Gamerunner Dean Hall recently stated in the official Discord today that players may need to restart/update Steam in order to run ICARUS.
Check out the full patch notes for today’s update below!
Version: 18.104.22.168797 Patch Notes
- Added three new missions, FIRE WALK: DELIVERY, WET WORK: EXTERMINATION and SOLID METAL: STOCKPILE.
- Added two new workshop items, the MXC Hammer, and the MXC Campfire.
- Increased frequency of gold spawns.
- Increased meta deposit quantities on harder missions.
- Added in-world marker for player loot-bags.
- Improved map player icons. Added support for colours. Icon’s get smaller when zooming right into the map. Made compass waypoint icon bigger.
- Added Scrolling with mouse wheel now works on talent views with no zoom enabled
- Added Scroll bars on talent views are correctly hidden when they aren’t needed (Player & Blueprint only need one)
- Added HUD window to display connectivity status information.
- Added additional connectivity information to the escape menu.
- Added button to allow players to cancel out of a save prompt on leaving their prospect.
- Changed prospect notifications will now forcefully appear on the screen if it contains unclaimed resources/items
- Changed electrical wall and ceiling lights to no longer require shelter.
- Changed Cooking Station to no longer require fuel.
- Improved accolade popup notification window and added images.
- Improved locomotion animations for Buffalo and Wild Boar.
- Updated HUD. Now Talent and Blueprint points always show if any are available.
- Decreased movement speed while carrying animal carcasses (-10%/-20%/-30% depending on size).
- Removed Fog Of War on Outposts.
- Updated translation information for Asian and European languages.
- Fixed issue with El Camino mission which could prevent it from progressing.
- Fixed issue with Desert Expedition mission which prevented players from continuing if they left the game during the boss fight.
- Fixed several issues relating to reloading mission state.
- Fixed issue with scanned meta-deposits not reloading properly.
- Fixed issue where cosmetic rain was not applying effects correctly.
- Fixed issue with some accolades where the quantities in descriptions were incorrect values.
- Fixed issue with mislabelled Cougar accolade.
- Fixed issue where Coal Ore could be taken off-world.
- Fixed issues where some electrical wires could not be deleted.
- Fixed issue where some outposts were missing their map image
- Fixed issue where players could use invalid characters in naming their outposts.
- Fixed issue with ‘If It Works’ talent where knives can split trees but don’t grant wood on auto-collect.
Are you enjoying ICARUS so far? Have any thoughts on today’s update? Let us know in the comments!