Content Type: Gaming Guides
Wood is one of the first resources you’ll use to craft in ICARUS, and it continues to be relevant deep into the Tech tree.
- Currently, wood is found in significant quanitity only in the Forest biome.
- To harvest wood, you’ll need a Stone Axe — you can collect the necessary resources to craft one by picking up sticks and rocks from the ground, and collecting fiber from bushes.
- After chopping down a tree, you’ll need to then use your axe to chop the fallen trunk until it splits into wood, which you can then pick up.
Uses for Wood
As you might expect, wood is used in a wide variety of crafting and construction projects. It can be used not only as a crafting element, but as fuel for fires as well — wood is second only to coal in its efficiency as a fuel.
The following tools can be used to cut down and chop fallen trees. More advanced Axes will chop wood faster and last longer before needing to be repaired.
- Stone Axe – Can be crafted anywhere
- Iron Axe – Crafted at Anvil Bench
- Steel Axe – Crafted at Anvil Bench
- Titanium Axe – Crafted at Fabricator