Exciting news, dear players: Palworld devs have sneaked in a last update of January, or — depending on your timezone — the very first one for February! This one features a major fix: if your world got corrupted because of a high number of captured Pals (about 7000 or above)… well, no, this update won’t let you load it, but at least the issue should no longer occur in the first place.
It also looks like the team is hard at work nailing down the game’s many, many little issues that mess with the playing experience, especially its frequent crashes and at the very least some of the instances of the Pals getting stuck inside the walls and terrain and everything else?
Otherwise, the patch focuses on a number of minor bugs and glitches (that tend to add up unpleasantly quickly at times), like Pals suddenly losing nearly all their HP, getting stuck carrying items, or just plain floating above the ground back at the base (I mean, I am not judging, but when they are stuck cutting down the same single tree at least it feels like something productive is getting done? Maybe not?).
What to Do If Your Pals Are Still Getting Stuck at the Base
And, there is even a chance that the patch will address the notorious issue of Pals assigned to your base becoming stuck or Injured/Incapacitated when loading back at the base!
However, if you are still having that issue, there is a temporary fix:
- Either: go to your Palbox and remove, then reassign a stuck Pal
- Or: store all of them into your Palbox when you log out of the game
It’s a bit of a tedious thing to keep track of, but it’s at least something you can do while we wait for a more permanent fix!
Check the official patch notes below for the full list of fixes!
v.0.1.4.0 Full Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue where the game would crash under certain conditions
- Fixed an issue where if another player’s pal/base pal had HP 30% or less, it could be captured by using a sphere.
- Fixed an issue where enemy pals would get stuck in walls due to charge attacks.
- Implemented the first fix for an issue where the game would always crash and save data would be corrupted when the guild’s total number of pals captured reached around 7000.
*The game no longer crashes even if the total number of captured objects exceeds 7000.
However, save data that has already been in this state (in the case of a server, the server’s world data) prior to this update will still be unable to load.
We are continuing to work on fixing this issue permanently.
- Added support for mouse side keys and numeric keypad in keyboard key configuration.
*Further improvements are currently planned, such as support for interact key configuration.
- Fixed an issue where players on dedicated servers and co-op (online) were receiving damage twice.
- Specifications have been changed so that you can move at extremely low speed even when you have exceeded the weight limit.
- Players will no longer pass through walls when dismounting.
- Fixed an issue where capture power strengthened by Lifmunk Effigies was reset when using memory reset drugs.
- Fixed an issue where armor could be equipped in the wrong slot.
- Adjusted camera positions of several Pals to make it easier to see when mounted.
- Specifications have been changed so that Pals who are manually assigned to a breeding farm will not become hungry and their manual assignments will not be removed.
- The key to lift Pals has been changed from F → V (Pad: X → Y) in order to prevent accidents.
- Reduced the speed and range of fire spreading on wooden buildings.
- Fixed an issue where manual work assignments could not be set at all under certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue where extremely high-level Relaxaurus would attack the base during raids.
- Added several measures to prevent base Pals from getting stuck.
- Fixed an issue where Pals would get stuck while transporting items and would drop them on the spot.
- Fixed an issue where Pals at the base would continue to cut down trees that were already cut.
- Fixed an issue where Pals at the base were on the verge of death due to unexplained falling damage.
- Fixed an issue where Pals at the base would float under some conditions.
- Fixed an issue where if a farm was built on the second floor or above, work pals would be unable to move on the floors below.
- Corrected incorrect text
- Measures have been added to prevent cheating and stealing other players’ Pals.
- Many other minor fixes such as the addition of a UI key guide.