Content Type: Gaming News
Date: February 10, 2021
A small Valheim patch just dropped, and mainly fixes bugs and duping glitches. However, there is one interesting change that you’ll likely notice right away: Enemies now have awareness indicators above their heads. This should be a welcome update for those of you who like to play a sneaky Viking.
The aggro indicator is an intuitive red exclamation mark. The second indicator is a yellow circle with two sets of parenthesis, which looks kind of like an icon for sound. We’re not 100% sure of what the yellow indicator means, but it seems to trigger while sneaking up to an enemy, and appears before the enemy is aggroed. It likely indicates that you are close to drawing aggro.
The full patch notes for Valheim 0.143.5 are as follows:
- Ragdoll destruction network fix
- Dedicated server ugly file-flag shutdown system removed (Use CTRL-C or SIGINT instead)
- Updated reference server start scripts (Please update local copies)
- World & character save improvements
- Teleport ore chest hack fix
- Remove structure resource dupe bug fix
- Server map set to server name to make it filterable in steam server-browser
- Localization fixes
- Added enemy awareness indicator to enemy huds
- Sneak tweaks
- Added save directory override to dedicated servers (-savedir)
- AI fixes
- Lower dmg on deathsquitos
- Fixed text-msg icon
- Updated server manual PDF
- More serverlist improvements (removed initial serverlist request to lower network trafic)
- Carts detach when teleporting
Do you like the new awareness indicators? Let us know in the comments!