Content Type: Gaming Guides
Signal Point in Space is a main quest in the game that you’ll need to finish on your progress towards the Board ending. It is probably the longest questline in the game and you’ll need to finish multiple side-quests to complete it. It is nearly identical the Phineas Welles’s version of the quest, Radio Free Monarch, so both walkthroughs we offer for these games will be similar. Nonetheless, you can complete both quests at the same time to experience as much of the game as you can (see how you can do that right below)! This quest precedes The Foundation from the Board’s questline.
Part One – Nyoka
- This quest will start after you turn in Phineas’s location during the Long Distance and after speaking to Sophia Akande. You most definitely still can complete the Radio Free Monarch! You can either travel straight to Monarch or speak to ADA when you return to the Unreliable. If you choose the latter, you can contact Phineas and tell him that you acquired a Navkey to Stellar Bay (he’ll ask you to talk to Hiram and point you to Nyoka, see our Radio Free Monarch guide for more detail).
- Head to Stellar Bay and talk to Everett Gill. He will be in a small cafeteria (Chef Raymond’s) across from the southwest gates of the town. Your quest marker should help you out.
- He’ll tell you where the Devil’s Peak Station is (its… particular shape and how you can get to it) and point you toward Nyoka as a useful mercenary.
- From here, go to the Yacht Club to find Nyoka (straight walk from the elevator you used to enter the city – use the marker on your map!). When you speak to Nyoka you’ll learn that she has a hangover that needs to be cured through the mandatory side quest, Passion Pills.
- You can speak with Caleb Herrick upstairs if you want to pick up a side quest. You can also investigate a murder in the apartments (look for shocked Talmadge Kerr on the streets), chat with Velma, or search for Mr. Pickett for Sebastian Adams, a seller of raptidon parts whom you can find behind the Yacht Club (and help Celia confess about her feelings to him).
- Now go to Sanjar’s Office down the west road (door under the Monarch sign) and speak to Sanjar. Go through his dialogue to learn about MSI’s situation and to pick up another mandatory side quest, BOLT with His Name (the quest to acquire the BOLT-52).
- Once you’re finished, you’ll need to find the medic, Abigail Edwards, found on the left portion of Stellar Bay (the building next to the Saltuna Warehouse building and in front of Left Field Tossball Betting).
- Make the dialogue choice to ask for Caffenoid Supplements. You’ll have the choice of passing an easy lie check or admit that they’re for Nyoka. If you tell the truth, you’ll discover that Nyoka’s allotment is depleted.
- When Abigail mentions that Dr. Williams oversees allotments, you have a few options. You can either visit Dr. Williams corpse in the graveyard for his Dispensary Supply Room Key, lockpick the door instead of using the key [Lockpick 30], or hack the terminal to increase Nyoka’s dose [Hack 55] (both upstairs).
- Make your choice and enter the supply room. Take the Caffenoid Supplements from the Dispensary Supply Room.
- Now return to Nyoka and give her the Caffenoid Supplements to complete Passion Pills and recruit her help (if you want to). Whether you ask about Hiram or about the Devil’s Peak in general, that’s the location Nyoka will help you get to.
Part Two – BOLT with His Name & Devil’s Peak
After finishing with Nyoka we will progress the MSI’s questline, travel to the broadcasting tower to learn our objective in regards to stopping the ceaseless broadcasts by MSI and Iconoclasts, and then complete Sanjar’s quests to complete half of our main objectives.
BOLT with His Name will be necessary to progress the Signal Point in Space. We have a separate detailed guide you can follow!
- Now, head to Fallbrook (south down the road, follow the Eastern half when the road briefly splits, onto the crossroads, and inside the settlement on the southeast of the map). Speak to Mortimer Bell, and then pick up some side quests in Fallbrook, if you’d like – try for Nelson Mayson and his Spratkings, for example.
- You can speak with Catherine Malin at the Ante Up to progress the Errors Unseen (see #1 in Part Three).
- Now, head west until you hit the bridge crossing the Rotting River (it will be next to the Abandoned Safehouse). Once you hit the bridge, Nyoka will point out that you can continue following the road, or take an easier path through the cavern by following the Rotting River (see the screenshot). The caverns, as Nyoka states, will provide a slightly easier path, mostly inhabited by marauders and a Mega Mantiqueen. To follow the more difficult path, just follow the windy road up the north slope (albeit Nyoka might have already asked you to make brief stop before you get to Hiram as a part of her companion quest, Star-Crossed Troopers).
- When you reach the summit, speak to Joy Voivode (she’ll notice you as you approach). Apparently some marauders have made it through to the peak and took over the station. You’ll now have the option of asking C3 to help you or continuing up by yourself.
- If you want to ask C3 for help, take the path down the hill and speak to the group at the station near the cliff (you can bribe them for ~680 bits or use Persuade 20, then leverage Berthold if you helped him in the caverns, which you can still do if you took a direct path). Alternatively, head straight to Devil’s Peak Station, killing any marauders that you see in the area.
- Enter the station from the side door near the entrance. Keep killing the marauders until you can go inside.
- Kill marauders inside the station. Nyoka will comment on sealed doors and potential paths, if you have her with you. Keep going until you reach the intercom and Hiram asks you to talk to him through it. He’ll ask you to kill the rest of the marauders (if you have C3 on your side, they can assist with the task).
- Agree to his request and go back to the elevator to near the vending machine in the first room – Hiram will turn it back on just for you.
- Kill all the marauders in the area. Once you finish up, use the intercom up the stairs (northwest corner of the floor) to communicate with Hiram again.
- Whether you are working on Radio Free Monarch or Signal Point in Space, you will have to stop the transmissions coming from MSI and Iconoclasts in order to proceed. This requires completion of all remaining side quests you have picked up so far: Errors Unseen (if you completed the BOLT with His Name), The Commuter, and Pay for the Printer. That way you can gain the trust of both factions in order to stop their transmissions. Simply continue along with the guide and we will take you through them! (If you are working on Nyoka’s Companion Quest, you can progress it with Hiram as well.)
Part Three – Errors Unseen
Now you can complete the Errors Unseen – we have a separate detailed guide for this quest!
Sanjar will send you to Catherine Malin in Fallbrook to confirm his suspicions that one of the corporations is operating on Monarch illegally. Catherine, in turn, will send you to locate and rescue her supply team. The survivor of the ambush, then, will point you the the UDL Lab overrun by marauders. You will need to obtain the research data from the terminal, and will have a chance to pick up the Gloop Gun science weapon. After you return to Sanjar he will agree to stop broadcasting over the radio.
Now we will need to work with the Iconoclasts to convince them to stop broadcasting.
Part Four – The Commuter & Pay for the Printer
We have a separate guide that will expand on the steps of this quest!
You will need to meet the Iconoclast leader Graham in Amber Heights. Your conversation will make him doubt his current use of the radio, so he will send you to get printing parts from Carlotta (who is cornered inside her warehouse) to try out a different method of spreading the ideology. You will also have a choice of additional supplies that will later determine your ability to mend things between MSI and Iconoclasts. After you come back with bad news, things among Iconoclasts will get tense.
Following The Commuter, Graham will give you Pay for the Printer quest, and we have a detailed guide for it!
Graham will want you to install the rollers you have obtained inside an abandoned Terra One Publications building. Zora, however, will be more concerned about her people. You can help both leaders if you check with August and May Van Noy at the location of the Publications building. After you come back, Graham will promise to stop radio broadcasts, albeit matters for Iconoclasts won’t calm down just yet.
(You should now check with Zora and pick up her Sucker Bait quest to have the option of the best outcome of the quest Canid’s Cradle, which will come about later, but any of these actions will not affect the Signal Point in Space.)
You have now completed both parts of the main objective!
Part Five – Return to Hiram
- Once all four side quests are finished, head back to Devil’s Peak Station. Speak with Hiram and tell him you are here to shut down the tower. Hiram will suddenly switch tone and try to protect his radio transmissions by trying to offer his services to the Board. If you let him and his tower live, he will ask your help in bringing the tower back online.
- Go into the room behind Hiram, outside onto the roof, and flip the switch on the relay.
- After you witness a sudden crash of a ship, listen to Graham and Sanjar argue over the radio, as they usually do. This will give you the Canid’s Cradle quest you can complete to help the two factions resolve their differences. Even though it will not be covered as a part of Signal Point in Space guide, we recommend that you complete Canid’s Cradle to resolve the conflict between two factions. We have a guide prepared for you that will direct you towards the most satisfying ending!
- Now head back to Byzantium and speak with Sophia Akande to finish up the Signal Point in Space quest. Now, Sophia will give you a mandatory quest to eliminate all of the rebels in the Emerald Vale, whether you re-routed power to them or re-instated them into power (if you refuse, you will become an enemy to the Board). This will give you the quest The Foundation.