Content Type: Gaming News
Date: July 15, 2015
The ESO Imperial City release dates have just been announced.
Great news, ESO fans. Today, ZeniMax Online Studios (ZOS) announced the official release dates for Imperial City — the first DLC for The Elder Scrolls Online.
Imperial City Release Dates
The game’s longtime fans have been clamoring for new ESO content for months. Rumors circulating in Zone chat and on the official forums pegged the Imperial City launch date for sometime in September, and the speculation was basically spot-on.
Without further adieu, here are the Imperial City release dates. Make sure to circle your calendars!
[table]Platform, Release Date
PC/Mac, August 31
Xbox One, September 15
PlayStation 4, September 16 [/table]
Imperial City Cost
The cost of the Imperial City DLC is being priced at a reasonable 2,500 crowns in the Crown Store (less than the cost of the new Frost Mare mount). That said, ESO Plus members will have access to the game expansion at no cost (for more information on ESO Plus membership, please click here).
Imperial City Features
According to ZOS’s official announcement, the Imperial City DLC will be packed with new features and content:
- All content is available to players that are level 10 and up
- A brand new PvP/PvE space, including the six Imperial City Districts
- New quests and key characters within the Imperial City
- One new Imperial City PvP Public Dungeon: The Imperial Sewers
- Two new PvE Imperial City group dungeons with Normal and Veteran versions: White-Gold Tower and Imperial City Prison
- The Tel Var Stone system
- 23 completely new Veteran Rank 16 item sets, only available in Imperial City
- Treasure Vaults that contain new Veteran Rank 16 set jewelry and a chance for even rarer finds
- Xivkyn racial motif style
- New collectibles only available in Imperial City (pets, polymorphs, and a costume)
Imperial City Game Patch
In addition, hundreds of new fixes and improvements are being released with the Imperial City base-game patch (the base-game patch is available to everyone who owns The Elder Scrolls Online at no additional cost). As stated in the announcement, here are a few of the most notable improvements:
- 15% decrease in the amount of XP it takes to gain a Veteran Rank
- 100% more XP for all public dungeons
- 50% more XP for all Veteran Rank quests
- 20% more XP in Craglorn
- Veteran Rank increased to 16
- Racial Passive improvements
- Mundus Stone buff improvements
- Glass racial motif style
- Improvements to existing item sets
- The ability to hide mount visual upgrades
- New crafting skill line passives
- New Undaunted pledges
- Tons of combat and gameplay balance changes
- Improved end-of-campaign Alliance War rewards
To learn more about the Imperial City release dates, please refer to the official announcement here.
Also, be sure to visit the Imperial City DLC Game Pack page to learn more about the expansion’s outstanding features, and to purchase a copy if you wish.
Finally, watch the new Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited – Liberate The Imperial City trailer to get a first hand look at the new DLC.