Content Type: Gaming News
Date: February 2, 2022
Today’s Dead by Daylight patch is exclusively for squashing bugs, but that comes as no surprise given the myriad new features implemented in the latest update. The biggest fixes in today’s update involve maps, as both Cold Wind Farm – Fractured Cowshed and Crotus Prenn Asylum – Father Campbell’s Chapel have been re-enabled. Additionally, a significant change to the new wiggle system has been implemented: Survivors will no longer lose wiggle progress when not actively wiggling.
However, the Entity giveth, and the Entity taketh away; Haddonfield is disabled, to the joy of Killers and the disappointment of SWFs everywhere. Also of note are the handful of un-fixed bugs that Patch 5.5.0 introduced to the Nurse. Disappointing, but hey, at least BHVR is finally trying to fix her. Despite that, there are a ton of other bug fixes in this patch as well — check out the full notes below!
Dead by Daylight Patch 5.5.1 Notes
- Wiggle progress will no longer regress when not actively wiggling, with both the new and old wiggle interactions
- The Coldwind Farm – Fractured Cowshed map has been re-enabled.
- The Crotus Prenn Asylum – Father Campbell’s Chapel has been re-enabled.
- Fixed an issue that caused tooltips to linger in the Settings menu
- Fixed an issue that caused the Cannibal not to be able to break a pallet after hitting a survivor in the same chainsaw sweep.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Demogorgon’s Shred ability to sometimes not break pallets.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Eruption perk to go into cooldown when triggering on a completed generator.
- Fixed an issue that caused stuns triggered through the Power Struggle duration to be reduced more than intended when the killer is equipped with the Enduring perk.
- Fixed an issue that caused the blessing SFX to continue after a survivor is hit after an unvalidated interruption attempt.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Glyph and Red Envelope interactions not to be interruptible by the killer.
- Fixed an issue that caused the wrong animation to be played when using the Deathslinger’s Aim Down Sights right after interacting with a Red Envelope.
- Fixed an issue that caused the loud noise indicator not to appear when an AI player fails a skill check during the tutorial.
- Fixed an issue that may cause the Nemesis’ tentacle to be invisible during recovery after hitting an object.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Expert Killer and Expert Survivor achievements to unlock when the grade threshold has not been met. (Steam only)
- Fixed an issue that occasionally caused an offering to appear out of place on the offerings loading screen
- Fixed an issue that caused the floating ink VFX to be missing in some of The Artist’s customization.
- Fixed an issue that caused the killer music to not change properly when switching roles from a Survivor wearing a ‘Modern Tales’ outfits.
- Fixed an issue that caused an inconsistent sound effect to play when hitting the fireplace in the chalet, in the Mount Ormond Resort map.
- Fixed an issue that caused the killer to be unable to use a hook when it spawns too close to a bush wall near the big house in Badham IV.
- Fixed an issue that caused the possibility to ”Dead Hard” from the balcony onto the shelves in the main hall of RPD.
- Fixed an issue that caused a lack of hooks in the library of the RPD map.
- Fixed an issue that caused the killer to become stuck beside a hatch in the main building in the Storehouse.
- Fixed an issue that caused a Glyph to spawn too high in the Yamaoka map.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Artist to not fall smoothly from the Thompson house vault.
- Fixed an issue that caused two pallets to spawn on the same tile in The MacMillan Estate.
- Fixed an issue that caused low quality shadows from the generator lights.
- Tentatively fixed an issue that caused Meg’s Deathgarden head cosmetic to not be available anymore.
- Tentatively fixed an issue that caused Jane’s Twitch shirt cosmetic to be available for all players.
- The Haddonfield map and the Strode Realty Key offering have been disabled.
- The Nurse has a delay when starting to charge a chain blink.
- The Nurse’s hand doesn’t reflect the current blink charge when chain blinking.
- As The Nurse, blinking and having a grab validation fail causes The Nurse to not enter the fatigue state.
- We are also investigating reports of not being able to attack right after a chain blink.
Have the latest patches convinced you to finally learn the Nurse? Glad to get a break from Haddonfield? Let us know in the comments!