Content Type: Gaming Guides
When you’re first learning Dead by Daylight, just staying calm when the Killer’s nearby can be a challenge. Figuring out what Perks or Items to use, or how to do a Generator without getting caught and hooked, is even tougher! Our guides aim to give new DBD players simple and clear tips on how to earn Bloodpoints, what Perks to choose, and cover the basic tactics and strategies required to be successful.
We encourage you to read the Dictionary and Loadouts sections first to familiarize yourself with the basic terms and systems that will be referred to in other guides. However, you can of course read the guides in any order you like.
Note that these guides are a work in progress, and therefore some articles are not yet available. If there’s a specific guide or article you’d like to see us do, just let us know in the comments!
General Beginner’s Guides
- Loadouts: How to Unlock and Equip Perks and Items
- DBD Dictionary: Lingo and Slang
- How to Grind for Bloodpoints
- General Tips and Tricks
- How the Obsession Mechanic Works
- Killer Weapons & Powers
Beginner Survivor Guides
- Basic Survivor Strategy
- Best Beginner Perks for Survivors
- How to Hide from the Killer
- How to Loop the Killer
- How to Pip (Rank Up) as Survivor
Beginner Killer Guides
- How to Find Survivors
- How to Catch Survivors
- Basic Killer Strategy
- Best Beginner Perks for Killers
- How to Pip (Rank Up) as Killer