Content Type: Gaming Guides
In this guide, we will be exploring the Oxum’s Gas Station monument. This guide contains the general strategy and meta for the monument, a map with Crate spawn locations, and callouts so you can more easily navigate the monument.
For info on how to read the map and some more general information about the guide, please refer to the Map Key in the Main Guide.
Oxum’s Gas Station is a small, tier-one monument. Located next to a road, it has been abandoned and ravaged by time. Oxum’s Gas Station is broken up into a few key sections, each with different types of loot including food, Crates, car parts, and tools. The diversity of loot here makes it a good place to jump-start a wipe.
The Gas station is broken up into a few key sections. The Outside, Roof, Office, Storage Room, Storefront, Cave, and Garage. Each area is stocked with a different selection of loot. Here is a breakdown of those each:
- Outside – The outside of the Gas Station has a few Brown Crates; there is one inside the fenced area and two that spawn on the opposite side next to some piles of pallets and barrels. There will also be a few car part containers scattered around.
- Roof – The two roof sections (for the Station itself, and the pumps in front) also have some Brown Crates. There is one such Crate on the main roof, opposite the ladder, and one on top of the pump roof section. There is also a Food Crate on top of the gas pump roofs.
- Office – The office is the high-tier loot room for the Gas Station; it contains one military crate and a green card.
- Storage Room – The storage room has more food and one potential Brown Crate spawn. It also has the only ladder up to the roof.
- Storefront – The Storefront section contains a lot of food. Similar to the supermarket, your team can all easily get refilled and rehydrated here. Multiple car part containers also spawn around this room.
- Cave – The Cave can give a variety of loot, depending on your luck. The Brown Crate here has a high chance to spawn some garbage, but it can also spawn tools that can be useful to jump-start your wipe.
- Garage – The Garage has the entrance to the cave and the Recycler. While it doesn’t have any loot itself, it is the central area that connects to the rest of the building.
Fighting in Oxums requires a surprising amount of tactical thinking. The many methods of entry allow attackers to easily flank anyone holding inside the main building, while the roof has only one point of entry, but can be peaked from all sides and has low cover. This monument is surrounded by large debris which allows attackers to fire from cover, advance stealthily, or move up tactically. All this gives a distinct advantage to attackers over defenders.
The best strategy for this monument is to focus on taking the roof. While it has some drawbacks, the old strategy still holds: whoever has the high ground usually wins. In this case, it also gives you multiple exit strategies, while providing attackers only a single entrance.
Crates and Callouts
The following callouts correspond to the numbers on the image above:
- Outside Truck
- Broken Red Car
- Pump Area (Can be subdivided into “Pump Roof” or “Pumps”)
- Main Roof
Along with these, you can also use the names in the Strategy section to navigate within the monument.
Take a trip over to Oxum’s Gas Station for its variety of loot in your next wipe! Afterward, make sure to check out our other Monument Guides for information on the other monuments.