Date: March 27, 2021
Genshin Impact, one of 2020’s top-grossing games, released its new update on March 17, 2021. Along with this update is the return of previous five-star characters, a new four-star character, new weapons, and a ton of new events that are sure to keep travellers occupied for the next six weeks.
With that said, here’s everything you need to know about Genshin Impact V1.4: Invitation of Windblume.
Our favorite Anemo god, Venti, is back, along with the number twelve of the harbingers, “Childe” Tartaglia. Venti’s banner re-run features the Anemo god himself and the four-star characters: Noelle, Razor, and Sucrose. The banner will run from March 17 to April 6, 2021. Tartaglia’s banner will start a few days after Venti’s banner, but the only confirmed character that will appear together with him is the new cryo-polearm four-star character, Rosaria.
There will be a total of five new weapons available in this update. These are:
- Elegy for the End (five-star bow)
- The Alley Flash (four-star sword)
- Wine and Song (four-star catalyst)
- Alley Hunter (four-star bow)
- Windblume Ode (four-star bow)
The five-star weapon, Elegy for the End, has its weapon banner together with the four-star weapons, The Alley Flash, and Wine and Song. The Alley Hunter will be available at the same time as Tartaglia’s banner. Windblume’s Ode is a free four-star weapon that will be available during the Invitation of Windblume event.
The highlight of this update is Mondstadt’s Windblume Festival and is divided into three events:
- Festive Anecdotes – The main story quest of the Windblume Festival.
- Festive Challenges – These are numerous minigames that will earn you Festive Tour Tickets, exchangeable for various in-game items.
- Peculiar Wonderland – Several challenges are served during this part of the festival. Upon completion, travellers will be rewarded with Peculiar Collab Coupons that travellers can trade for different in-game items as well as the rare four-star weapon, Windblume’s Ode.
The Windblume Festival will be available from March 19 to April 5, 2021.
Hangout Event Series 1
Your dream of dating your Genshin waifu/husbando has finally come true! The new event features a series of quests with different outcomes similar to that of a dating sim game. The event features four characters: Barbara, Noelle, Bennett, and Chongyun. Each character has unique dialogue and endings that give different rewards once completed.
New Archon Quest
Once the Windblume Festival ends, travellers will be treated to the continuation of the game’s main storyline. A new Archon quest will be available featuring the new boss enemy, Abyss Herald: Wicked Torrents. It would be wise to level up and upgrade your characters before facing this new threat.
For more details about the new patch, visit the in-game notice board or the game’s official website.