Notifications
Clear all

Leak: Diablo II Resurrected Will Be Presented at Blizzcon 2021

Page 1 / 2

DanielD
Topic starter
(@danield)
wpf-cross-image

Following close on the heels of reports that Blizzard Entertainment was potentially working on a Diablo II remaster, a fairly credible source has claimed that Blizzcon 2021 will include some sort presentation on the rumored remaster, with the title of "Diablo II Resurrected".

The leak comes courtesy of @Kaiser499 on Twitter, a gaming focused account that previously leaked Diablo IV and Overwatch 2 before Blizzcon 2019. Given that their leak in 2019 was on the money, it wouldn't be a surprise if they're telling the truth about the Diablo II remaster as well. The tweet contains info on other Blizzcon 2021 presentations as well:

Between the tweet from Kaiser499 and the Bloomberg report, it's looking like there really will be a Diablo II remaster. If the rumors that Vicarious Visions -- the studio that successfully remastered Crash Bandicoot -- are also true, we could be looking at a triumphant return to Khanduras in the not too distant future. We can only hope that, if and when it comes, it won't end up "Diablo II: Refunded".

What would you most want to see from a Diablo II remaster? Let us know in the comments!

Images are upscaled D2 screenshots, and were created by Reddit user u/Indoflaven

8 Replies
Furious
Admin
(@furious)

I very much hope they do a good job with this, I would love to replay D2 and LoD.

1 Reply
Mila Grish
(@igreeni)

Writer

Oh, good point there! Wonder what they will do about Lord of Destruction... will the expansion just be integrated into the game and remastered as a part of it? Hm.

Vaughn
 Vaughn
(@Vaughn)

Allow PKing in hardcore out of town. Same diablo 2 hostile system. 🙂

Ajax
 Ajax
(@Ajax)

Increased HR (high rune) drops! 🙂

1 Reply
Mila Grish
(@igreeni)

Writer

Ugh. My Horadric Cube had to pretty much manufacture these for me through merges with how rarely I got the drops.

FR1TZAk
 FR1TZAk
(@FR1TZAk)

The Secret Cow level  😛 

Page 1 / 2
Scroll to Top